Answered By: Paul Streby
Last Updated: Oct 31, 2016     Views: 43

If you found the article through Summon or one of the Thompson Library's databases, it's possible that UM-Flint no longer has access to it through the journal's publisher. However, it's possible we can access it through another source. You can use Journal Finder to see if the journal is available elsewhere, or contact a librarian for assistance. If it turns out that the journal is not available at all, you can usually obtain it through interlibrary loan (ILL). Include a note in your ILL request stating that you were asked to pay for the article.

It's very helpful if you let a librarian know that a journal asked for payment. If we are supposed to have access to it, a librarian can get access restored. If not, we can remove it from our list of journals.


If you found the article somewhere other than through Thompson Library resources, check Journal Finder for the journal to see if we have access to it. You can also easily download our EZproxy bookmarklet to reload pages through the Thompson Library’s EZProxy server. If it's an online resource the Thompson Library subscribes to, you can then log in with your uniqname and LAN password.

Related Topics

Contact Us