Answered By: Paul Streby Last Updated: Aug 26, 2015 Views: 113
Answered By: Paul Streby
Last Updated: Aug 26, 2015 Views: 113
There is a firewall setting on Comcast modem/router that can interfere with using library resources. Fortunately, you can fix the problem yourself:
- Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox).
- Open the wireless gateway’s Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1
- Type in the Comcast/Xfinity username and password for the modem/router.
- On the Admin Tool home page click Gateway.
- Under Gateway click Firewall.
- From there you can choose: Minimum Security (Low).
Feel free to call the ITS Helpdesk at 810-762-3123 (option 1) for assistance.