Answered By: Paul Streby
Last Updated: Jan 27, 2017     Views: 706

The Thompson Library is open to the general public; all resources may be used in-house. People not affiliated with UM-Flint can check out materials in the main (circulating) collection with a community borrower's card. These cards are valid on all three UM campuses for one year, and can be purchased for $125 for UM alumni from all three campuses, and $250 for the general public. We also provide two computer terminals for non-student use. 

A community borrower's card entitles you to check circulating materials out for three weeks. It does not give you access to interlibrary loan services or to off-campus library resources such as remote databases; your local public library might be able to provide these services for you.

Students and faculty from Baker College of Flint, Mott Community College, and Kettering University can check out two books at a time (up to ten per semester) with an Academic Resource Sharing card, which can be obtained from their home institution's library.

Currently enrolled students in good standing, faculty, and staff of the Ann Arbor and Dearborn campuses have borrowing privileges at UM-Flint, using their MCard. Members of the Alumni Association from all three UM campuses have access to some online databases.

Graduate students at all three UM campuses, Michigan State, and Wayne State have borrowing privileges at all of these institutions. You must be currently enrolled and in good standing with your own library. To receive a library card from one of the other institutions you need to fill out a form at your home institution's library, and must present picture ID in order to do so.

Finally, officials of the Mott Foundation have borrowing privileges. Call the circulation desk at (810) 762-3400 for more information.

Related Topics

Contact Us