Skip to Questions

LibAnswers - Ask us a question and we'll find you the answer!


My instructor put something on "reserve." Where do I find it?

Last Updated: Feb 15, 2014  |  77 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


Reserves can either be regular reserves (i.e. at the Thompson Library circulation desk) or electronic reserves (i.e. online). They can be found by using the General Search box on the Thompson Library homepage and selecting the third option: "Find course reserves (Mirlyn Reserves)." You can search by instructor, title, author, or course number (e.g. "ENG 112"). 

Books and articles on regular reserve are available at Reserved Readings, located at the end of the Circulation Desk on the third floor. They can be checked out for a limited time determined by the instructor: two hours (in-library use only), four hours, one day, three days, or one week. Reserve items from the Media Collection can be checked out for two hours only, and must be used in the library.

Electronic reserve items can be viewed anywhere (off-campus use requires a login with your username and LAN). Electronic reserves will say "UM-Flint - Reserves - Electronic Resource | No call number" for their location, but have a link to "Electronic Location."

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Browse by Popular Topics

    alumni  –  Ann Arbor  –  archives  –  ARS Card  –  Articles  –  book reviews  –  Books  –  Campus Info  –  Circulation  –  Citations  –  DVD  –  ebooks  –  evaluating information  –  EZProxy  –  Fiction  –  Flint  –  Get This  –  Guests  –  Hours  –  ILL  –  Interlibrary Loan  –  ITS Lab  –  Journals  –  Kerberos  –  library info  –  Magazines  –  Off-campus  –  password  –  Peer Review  –  Periodicals  –  photocopies  –  Printing  –  refereed  –  reference  –  RefWorks  –  renewals  –  research  –  Research Instruction  –  reserves  –  Scholarly  –  services  –  SPSS  –  Tax forms  –  test prep  –  thinklab  –  Tours  –  Trivia  –  UMICH  –  Video  –  Wireless  
    View All Topics

    Related content from LibGuides